Thursday, October 06, 2005

Superbly amazing, majestically awesome....these were the kind of words which were coming into my mind when I was thinking of how to write about today's event in my blog. Unfortunately, I find all these to be very small words. My vocabulary does not have words to suggest the kind of show I witnessed today.

Decibelz 2005, part of xpressions had its first version this year. With bands coming in from small cities and colleges, I personally was not expecting the kind of show it finally came out to be. I was actually wondering what OTV (state TV of Orissa) will gain out of telecasting this event live.

In the end, I am happy to eat my words. Sorry...again a very small word....I was made to swallow my words and digest them by the performances. Each of the 6 bands were just upping the standards of rock music as I know it. Compositions...original or not were simply awesome and you did not need to be high on dope to just sit their gaping at the scene in front. I am not going to talk about individual bands since it may not do justice to all of them but the kind of talent that exists in our country has made me understand and decide that I am never going to underestimate anything and anyone before I have seen them first hand.

SIMPLY AMAZIMG.....

No comments: