Saturday, February 04, 2006

Khandagiri and Bhittarkanika...my answer

I got a complaint today on my google talk. unfortunately I was not in my room at that time. The problem with this friend was that even though my status message was that i was "extremely bored" I had not bothered to write anything on my blog for a couple of days now. Sorry bhai but this was more because i forgot to change my GT status message :-) These 2 days have been busy like any other nice day should be and the title of this post should tell you just why!!

Yesterday, I went to andhra bank to do a small 2 min work for my NEM project. The fellow told me to come after one hour since he was "busy". I had no clue what to do so went over to khandagiri which was close by and spent an hour in that place eating chanas at the top of a mountain which also had a jain temple and a shiv temple. An hour was spent their and then when i reached back, i spent another 1.5 hours sitting in front of that idiot of an officer just staring at his face. Eventually he simply told me that he did not have the two minutes to spare :-( and could not even give an appointment for the next day. (actually that was good since i had more important stuff to do today :-D)

Today was our trip to bhittarkanika (yep again for me) but this was different and enjoyable in a different way. While the first trip was 4 guys on an adventure with no plans made beforehand, this one had been meticuously planned out by sujesh and consisted of 16 ppl (after richa opted out). 2 Qualis and a huge boat later not to mention the treck and the leg breaking journey in the cars, i have reached the following conclusions:
1. It really matters wether u have been to a place before or not. It could be as enjoyable if not more if u have a different group and/or a different reason for going. I had both, my reason being to keep a better lookout for snakes (i managed to get a glimpse of one in the wild) and to just chill out which i did.

2. Do NOT eat in the new Reliance A1 dhabas...the food is bad and cold and basically more of glamor in the place than anything else (after all how many dhabas have waiters who have left places like Pal Heights to serve u food on a highway!!!) Just does not give the dhaba feeling after the food has come in front of you.

3. Enjoy life!!! :-)

So...really sorry my frnd for not having changed my status message, i have done that now...though it seems that from tomorrow, it is going to be the same old story again...

No comments: