Friday, January 06, 2006

These last few weeks...

Long have been these weeks. No sense of what is going on....first the GD's were not getting cleared. Then suddenly there seems to have been some major upturn and I started clearing them...all of them!!! On last count..I had cleared 7 of them on the trot. Then I came across another hindrance...interviews. I had to somehow find out what the hell did each company want...."profile matching" is what the HR ppl like to call it. Then came 4th of Jan...the day when I had given XAT 2 years back and the day when I had got my summers one year back...this time it was my turn to get a job!!!
HDFC offerred me my first job! I was stunned...because the way I had performed in the interview was absolutely pathetic. Giving stupid answers to stupid questions
e.g.
Q: What are u looking for in HDFC?
Ans: Treasury
Q: Why?
Ans: Because everyone who has done finance wants treasury!
Q: But dont u think u will be more suitable for retail marketing?
Ans: May be...actually that is the reason why I took SDM and B2B and SM as papers!

And I was selected....GOD knows what they were looking for.

Anyways..that scared me..because of a simple reason that I have a strange aversion to banks. They simply dont impress me. So next day..with renewed vigour, I sat for ITC Infotech. GD cleared...interview..I gave but i did not know what impression i made. Suddenly I came to know that i had been cleared for a second round of interview and i was shocked. that also went coolly and i was waiting for the result. bated breath and almost senseless. What came was even a bigger shock than what had been hapenning in the last few days. I was offerred a LATERAL OFFER!!!!!

Some company had actually recognized my Navy experience as lateral and had decided to offer me a job then!!!

Things have taken such a lovely turn...

WHEW!!!...these last few weeks are coming to an end now!!!

No comments: